Sweet Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing
- You need of big Japanese sweet potatoes or yams (or other kind is okay too).
- It’s of fresh cilantro/coriander.
- You need of black sesame seeds (optional).
- It’s of DRESSING:.
- It’s of whole grain mustard.
- Prepare of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare of your favorite vinegar.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of yogurt (optional – for creamier dressing).
Sweet Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing step by step
- Scrub the skin of the sweet potatoes well and cut them into bite-sized cubes. Steam them until soft but not too mushy!.
- Set the sweet potatoes aside in a colander or bowl and let them cool for 20 minutes or so. Meanwhile prepare the dressing..
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. Adjust taste with salt, pepper and sugar if necessary. Also, chop up the cilantro/coriander..
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooled, put them in a large bowl and toss them in the dressing. Add the chopped cilantro and mix in lightly..
- I like to sprinkle on black sesame seeds to garnish because it goes nicely with the bright color of the Japanese sweet potatoes ^^.