Ingredients of Mocha Cake
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of white sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of instant coffee or espresso powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
Mocha Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans..
- Measure flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs, buttermilk, baking powder, soda, and salt into a mixing bowl. Dissolve instant coffee in hot water, and add to mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes until smooth; batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans..
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto racks to cool completely..
- Frost cooled cake with Coffee Icing. After frosting, melt some semisweet chocolate baking squares or chips in a double boiler. Drizzle chocolate around top outside edges letting it run down sides, or over top of cake..