Peach Upside-down Cake. Ripe slices are coated with caramelized sugar, then a batter enhanced with just a bit of nutmeg. Fresh peach and caramel crusted cake with fluffy peach cake underneath, this peach upside down cake is sure to be a highlight at any get together. Fresh peach halves in a nutmeg-spiced sauce top this buttery upside down cake.
Ingredients of Peach Upside-down Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoon of peach brandy.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/3 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of pecans.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of peach brandy.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of peaches.
- You need As needed of pecans.
This boozy caramel tastes especially amazing with peaches, but it'd be a wonderful twist to traditional pineapple upside-down cake , too! This peach upside-down cake is fast and easy to prepare because it starts with a cake mix. The irresistible dessert is soaked with sweet fruit juices and topped with caramelized brown sugar for a moist treat. This peach upside down cake is the best recipe to make at the height of summer- when peaches are plentiful in the grocery stores, and when they're Making an upside down cake is a two-step process.
Peach Upside-down Cake step by step
- Heat a 8-9 inch cast iron skillet. Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray skillet with nonstick spray or grease with butter..
- Get the butter at room temperature. Mix the cake ingredients together form a batter..
- To make the topping Melt the butter with the sugar and peach brandy, heat gently in a saucepan, until the butter is melted..
- Peel and cut the peaches in half. To cut in half, take a knife to the center where the pit is. Score around the center and carefully separate..
- Remove the pit. Carefully remove the rough area that holds the pit..
- Cut into rings the peaches. Line the bottom of the skillet. Put a pecan half in the center of each peach ring. Pour the butter mixture into the bottom of the skillet..
- Carefully spoon the batter mixture over the top of the butter mixture..
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes test the cake for doneness..
- Let rest 1 minute, place a flat plate, or platter over skillet. Turn upside down and remove the skillet..
- If any peaches came off, remove from skillet and replace on the cake top..
- Serve warm or chilled I hope you enjoy!!!.
- NOTE: I sprayed the plate with nonstick spray that I transferred the cake onto. I stored in the refrigerator with aluminium foil on it so I also spayed the foil with the nonstick spray..
The first is preparing the fruit that will go in the bottom of the pan. In this recipe, peeled and sliced. Arrange peaches on top of sugar mixture, and spread batter over fruit. Then place a large platter or cookie sheet over the pan and turn upside down. Serve warm or room temp with whipped topping or.