Indonesian coconut beef. Toasted coconut is a key flavoring in the dish; we use the Instant Pot's sauté function to toast the coconut as. I just love this style of food. Sate Klopo Surabaya Coconut Beef Saté/Satay.
The recipe for this Indonesian Coconut Beef Soup, comes from a grandmother in Jakarta, and is perfect for anyone who loves coconut milk based dishes. Indonesian Coconut and Beef Meatballs – Rempah Rempah. Easy Coconut Beef Curry Stew This savory Easy Coconut Beef Curry Stew is a delicious, creamy sauced beef curry without all the. You can have Indonesian coconut beef using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian coconut beef
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Boneless sirloin steak trimmed.
- You need 3 tbsp of Corn oil.
- You need 1 large of Spanish onion sliced.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili seasoning.
- You need 2/3 cup of Shredded unsweetened coconut.
- It’s 2 tsp of Light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of Thin slivers red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped green chilies.
- You need 1 small of slices onion.
Serve over rice or Asian noodles. Add coconut, brown sugar, lemon juice and beef stock; stir well. Add the beef, the kaffir lime leaves and the remaining coconut milk, adding water if the By now the coconut milk will have reduced and the curry will be fairly thick. If you are making this ahead of time.
Indonesian coconut beef instructions
- Cut steak in 1/2 inch thick strips..
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add Spanish onion slices and garlic and fry gently until soft. Add beef and fry, stirring, until brown..
- Add the spices to the beef and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add coconut, brown sugar, lemon juice, and beef stock; stir well..
- Simmer gently uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture is thickened and dry. Stir mixture more frequently towards the end of cooking time to prevent sticking..
- Garnish with slivers of bell pepper green chilies and small slices of onion..
- If you prefer a more moist mixture, cook 20 to 25 minutes instead of 30 to 35 minutes..
A delicious slow-cooked beef curry cooked in coconut milk that includes lemongrass, galangal and a few other fragrant and regular pantry spices. Try the Indonesian beef Rendang beef curry. Before I visited SE Asia I had never heard of Beef Rendang. This coconut curry originated from Indonesia but the first time I tasted it was in Malaysia Borneo. This article is part of the series on.