Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF.
Ingredients of Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of Curry Spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of Scotch Bonnet chilli pepper, deseeded.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare of Curry.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sunflower oil, divided.
- You need 6 of medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small butternut squash, diced.
- You need 1 of large aubergine / eggplant, diced.
- You need 6 of small waxy yellow potatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 of ripe mango, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 of ripe papaya, peeled and diced.
- It’s 400 ml of full fat canned coconut milk.
- You need 300 ml of good chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of juice of half a lime.
Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Put the spice ingredients into a grinder or use a pestle and mortar to bash them into a paste. Set aside.
- Put half of the oil into a large pot over a medium heat and brown off the chopped chicken.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside covered with foil.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pot and cook the onions, butternut squash, aubergine and potatoes until golden.
- Add the spice mix and stir in to infuse the flavours for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the mango, papaya, coconut milk, chicken stock, tamarind paste and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil then simmer, covered for 40 minutes. If the liquid gets too low add extra stock but you don't want to dilute the other flavours too much so keep an eye on the pan.
- Add the lime juice and adjust the seasonings to taste, adding salt and extra chilli if desired.
- Serve with my previously posted coconut rice from this recipe. I like to mix a handful of dessicated coconut into the rice here for extra flavour https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347853-vickys-jerk-chicken-with-jamaican-style-rice-peas-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
Recipe: Yummy Vickys Jamaican-Style Coconut Mango Chicken Curry GF DF EF SF NF