(Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl.
Ingredients of (Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 of Chicken thighs, boneless.
- Prepare 1/2 Cups of White beech mushrooms, optional.
- You need 1/2 of Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Scallion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin, Japanese cooking seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 8 tbsp of Dashi Stock, Japanese broth.
- You need 1 bowl of Cooked Rice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Shichimi Togarashi, Japanese seven spice mix.
(Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl instructions
- Cut scallion into green and white portions. Chop scallion white in 1-inch, finely chopped scallion green. Slice onions..
- Crack eggs in a bowl, beat eggs well and set aside. Chop chicken thighs in 1-inch and hand mix with 1/2 tsp salt..
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and pan fry chopped chicken thighs until slight golden. Remove from the pan and set aside..
- In the pan, add onions, scallion white, and mushrooms, fry until dry and fragrant. Mix well Mirin, soy sauce and dashi stock, pour in and stir slightly..
- Add chicken and simmer with lid for 3 minutes over low heat..
- Add half amount of beaten eggs liquid, wait for 2 minutes until eggs are firm. Add the rest eggs liquid for just 30 seconds and remove from heat immediately..
- Sprinkle chopped scallion green and Japanese seven spice mix. Enjoy it over rice!.
Recipe: Yummy (Oyakodon) Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl