Meatball Parmesan Cassarole. Spread the cooked meatballs over the sauce. Pour more pasta sauce over the top of the meatballs – enough to cover (or to taste). Place meatballs in a greased baking pan.
Ingredients of Meatball Parmesan Cassarole
- You need 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 envelope of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen meatballs.
- You need 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of large jar (the biggest jar) of traditional prego spaghetti sauce or marinara.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
Uncover and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Pour half the jar of sauce into a casserole dish, then top with the baked meatballs, remaining sauce and shredded cheeses. The cheese should be melted and slightly bubbly. Top with shredded parmesan and mozzarella.
Meatball Parmesan Cassarole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a medium size skillet add olive oil & butter. Add mushrooms to the skillet & sautée until they are golden brown. Set aside..
- In a square cassarole dish pour a cup of sauce at the bottom of dish. Over the sauce pour the meatballs, salt & pepper & add half of the cooked mushrooms..
- Now pour the rest of the sauce over the meatballs. Place in oven uncovered for an hour..
- After an hour meatballs should be tender. Then remove from oven, sprinkle with cheeses, italian seasoning & the rest of the mushrooms. Place back into oven for 5-7 mins or until cheeses have melted. Serve with garlic toast (optional) & Enjoy!.
Mix all of the above meatball ingredients and form your meatballs-not too large. Pour some sauce in the bottom of your dish (es). Form Meatballs and place in Casserole Pan. Carefully drain off any excess liquid then cover meatballs with Marinara, Mozzarella and Grated Parmesan Cheese. Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs and mix thoroughly.