Simple Lemon Cake.
Ingredients of Simple Lemon Cake
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil or melted margarine.
- It’s 2 tsp of freshly,grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of desiccated coconut(optional).
- You need of WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter,softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 4 oz of white chocolate,melted and cooled.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of whipping cream.
Simple Lemon Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F F/177 degrees C..
- Grease and line of 8-9 round baking pan.set aside..
- In a mixing bowl,sift the flour,baking soda,baking powder,sugar and salt..
- Combine flour mixture,water,eggs,lemon juice,lemon zest,vegetable oil and buttermilk. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds..
- Scrape sides and continue beating for 2 minutes at medium speed or beat by hand using a wire whisk for 3 minutes..
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean.(let cool for 10 minutes)..
- For the white chocolate frosting: Using hand mixer,beat the butter and powdered sugar at low speed until fluffy.Add the melted chocolate and whipping cream to the butter mixture and beat until the mixture comes together, about 3-4 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use, about 10-15 minutes.Spread evenly over topping of cool cake then sprinkle some desiccated coconut if desired.Refrigerate at least an hour before serving..
Recipe: Tasty Simple Lemon Cake