Ingredients of Roast Turkey
- You need of bird Turkey (with liver).
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Peeled chestnuts.
- Prepare of Sausage meat.
- You need of Egg.
- Prepare of Panko.
- It’s of Fresh parsley.
- It’s of Thyme.
- You need of Sage.
- Prepare of Sliced bacon.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Garlic.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Parsnip.
- You need of Brussels sprouts.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- Prepare of Plain flour.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock.
- Prepare of Cranberry Sauce.
- You need of Cranberries.
- You need of Oranges.
- It’s of Castor Sugar.
- You need of Port wine.
Roast Turkey instructions
- Mince the onion and the liver. Boil the chestnuts for 15 minutes and roughly chop..
- 200 g of sausage meat will be used for the stuffing, the remaining meat will be wrapped in bacon..
- Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces..
- Heat vegetable oil in a shallow pot and cook the onion. When the onion is tender, add the liver and cook for 3-4 minutes. Let cool..
- Combine Step 4 with the sausage meat, chestnuts, panko, egg, and herbs..
- Stuff Step 5 into the neck of the turkey. Use a string to tie it closed and season with salt and pepper..
- Place Step 6, the potatoes, and the garlic on a heat-resistant dish. Drizzle with vegetable oil and place into an 180°C oven..
- Once the potatoes have cooked, remove them and continue cooking the turkey for another 2 hours..
- Boil the parsnip and brussels sprouts so that they are still slightly hard..
- Grill the sausage meat bacon wraps and the vegetables in a frying pan..
- Once the turkey has finished baking, remove the excess oil and combine with the flour and stock to make the gravy..
- [Cranberry Sauce] Grate the orange peel and squeeze out the juice. Place the other ingredients into a pot and simmer on low heat for 7-8 minutes..
How to Cook Tasty Roast Turkey