Vanilla Cake Roll.
Ingredients of Vanilla Cake Roll
- Prepare of VANILLA CAKE.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs, seperated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of confectioners sugar for dusting.
- You need of STRAWBERRY CREAM FILLING.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of good quality strawberry preserves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of drops of red food color, optional.
- It’s of VANILLA BUTTER CREAM FROSTING.
- It’s 1 of recipe Creamy Vanilla Cream Frosting, recipe attached in direction step #15.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sprinkles, I used red, white and blue this time. Any color for any occasion is great.
- Prepare of fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Vanilla Cake Roll step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 15 ×10 by 1 inch jelly roll pan with non stick spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray paper with non stick spray.
- Have egg whites in one large bowl and egg yolks in another large bowl and have them at room temperature.
- Whisk flour. baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and buttermilk until light in color and increased in volume. Beat in 1 cup of the sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
- Stir in flour mixture. Making sure it's mixed well but don't overmix.
- With clean and dry beaters beat egg whites and cream of tarter until soft peaks form, slowly add remaing 1/2 cup sugar and beat until glossy peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg whites into egg yolk mixture then fold in remaining in 3 more additions..
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.Bake 16 to 18 minutes until golden and not sticky to touch and it springs back when touched.
- Cool 5 minutes on rack in pan. Run a knife around edges of cake to unstick any edges if cake.
- After cake cools 5 minutes invert onto confectioners sugar dusted kitchen towel. Carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel, into a roll. Cool in towel on rack.
- MAKE FILLING.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form, add strawberry jan, confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form. Add drops of food color now if you want a darker pink color..
- Unroll cooled cake and spread strawberry cream over cake.
- Roll cake up, using towel as a guide to tightly roll. Place seam side down on pan and frost withe Creamy Buttcream Frosting recipe attached below, and decorate with sprinkles, strawberries and blueberries. Cake should be stored in refigerator https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367337-basic-creamy-vanilla-buttercream-frosting.
Recipe: Tasty Vanilla Cake Roll