Spicy pork with cumin potatoes. Buy the ingredients for our Spicy pork with cumin potatoes recipe from Tesco today. Chinese Spicy Lamb & Cumin (Chinese Style Cooking Recipe). Slow Cooked Pork Belly with Potatoes, Onions, and Garlic Recipe.
Ingredients of Spicy pork with cumin potatoes
- Prepare of potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks.
- You need of sunflower oil, plus extra for pork.
- It’s of cumin seeds.
- It’s of dried chilli flakes.
- It’s of tumeric.
- It’s of pork chops, fat scored.
- Prepare of curry powder.
- It’s of cucumber, chopped.
- It’s of red onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of coriander, roughly chopped.
- It’s of mango chutney, to serve.
Food Fact: Not only are pickled hot cherry peppers delicious when cooked with pork, chicken, and beef but they're also tasty on salami sandwiches. Cumin potatoes are a dish that we discovered in the Northern Chinese city of Xi'An. Fragrant and spicy, this vegan potato dish is great as a side or main! Of course, these flavorful cumin potatoes can also be enjoyed as a side dish.
Spicy pork with cumin potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6, 200*C, fan 180*C. Toss potato chunks in oil, then add cumin seeds, chilli and tumeric. Mix well until potatoes are coated and transfer to baking sheet. Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes, until potatoes are golden and tender..
- Meanwhile, rub pork with a drop of oil and massage curry powder into flesh and skin. When potatoes have been in oven for 15 minutes, heat remaining oil in large frying pan and fry pork chops for 5-7 minutes each side, until cooked through and golden..
- In a bowl, mix cucumber, onion, coriander and season. Serve with the pork chops, cumin potatoes and some mango chutney on the side, if you like..
We used leftover pork roast and leftover potatoes, think I will also put this in my leftovers cookbook I am creating. Add tomatoes, spices, and chicken stock. Sprinkle cumin and paprika evenly over pork chops and season lightly with salt and pepper if desired. This pork dish packs a punch from the spicy peppers and the roasted cumin. Turn the heat down and allow them to cook for.