Strawberry Bakewell Tart.
Ingredients of Strawberry Bakewell Tart
- Prepare 1 of ready made roll of shortcrust pastry.
- It’s 140 g of strawberry jam, plus 1 tbsp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 3 of eggs, room temperature.
- You need 125 g of softened unsalted butter or room temperature.
- It’s of Butter for greasing.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of golden caster sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of grounded almonds.
- It’s 125 g of fresh strawberries or enough to cover top, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flaked almonds.
- You need of Powdered sugar for sprinkling.
Strawberry Bakewell Tart step by step
- Remove the shortcrust pastry from the fridge at least 10 minutes before cooking..
- Grease with butter a 20-22cm round tray with removable base. Preheat oven to 180c..
- Place the shortcrust pastry in the pan and then cut and mold using your fingers as needed to fill in any missing pastry inside..
- In a bowl using a whisk or electric mixer beat the butter, vanilla essence and sugar together until its light and creamy. Add the eggs one by one beating lightly after each addition. Fold in the ground almonds, flour and if using the flaked almonds (I chose to omit mine as hubby doesn't like them)..
- Spread the jam over the pastry. Then spoon the almond mixture on top of the jam and level the mixture using a spatula. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown..
- Lastly place the tablespoon of jam and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring. Then brush it all over the tart..
- Add the sliced strawberries over the top of the tart, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve..
Easiest Way to Make Tasty Strawberry Bakewell Tart