Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens). Great recipe for Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens). Cooks would love to help you when making this dish. This curry comes from the northwestern region of India.
Ingredients of Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens)
- It’s 1 can of garbanzo beans (15 oz).
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste (or 2 big tomatoes diced).
- You need 1 small of onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare of spice blends order at www.waverleykitchens.com.
- You need 1/2 tsp of WK SEED BLEND.
- It’s 2 tsp of WK BEAN BLEND.
- Prepare of pantry items.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil (your choice of oil).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (to your taste).
- Prepare 3 quart of sauce pot with cover.
This is also one of the most commonly ordered dishes in any Indian restaurant around the globe. Protein-enriched Chana Masala is one of the finest dishes of Indian cuisine. Cook onion and garlic: In a big pot, warm oil on medium-low heat. Add diced onion and a couple of cloves of garlic.
Garbanzo Beans Curry (Channa Masala, Waverley Kitchens) step by step
- Strain and wash 1 can garbanzo beans; grind or dice 1 small onion and 1 garlic clove; set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pot and 1/2 tsp 'WK Seed Blend'.
- Heat oil at medium heat until there is small movement in spices (usually 2 mins).
- Immediately add onion and garlic (if used) to pot, and 1 tbsp tomato paste; stir until golden brown (usually 3 min).
- Add 2 tsp of 'WK Bean Blend', 1/2 tsp salt (to your taste), garbanzo beans to pot and 2 cups water.
- Set to medium low heat, cover pot and cook for 20 mins; stir occasionally and mash some garbanzo beans.
- Optional: garnish with 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro.
- For a full meal add: – Rice, naan, bread or heated whole wheat tortilla – Salad – Any sabji – Yogurt Variations: – To make hot add chopped jalapeño pepper or red chilli powder – Canned beans can be substituted by soaking beans overnight – Side item: chopped onion with salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
Flavorful, not too spicy, and extremely satisfying. Chole masala is one seriously delicious vegetarian chickpea curry. Like no other chana masala I have ever tried. There's about a million chana masala recipes out there. But chole masala is truly memorable.