Secret of the Gingersnap Cookies.
You can have Secret of the Gingersnap Cookies using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Secret of the Gingersnap Cookies
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of dark molasses.
Secret of the Gingersnap Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir the mixture to blend evenly, and sift a second time into another bowl..
- Place the shortening into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually beat in the white sugar. Beat in the egg, and dark molasses. Put in 1/3 of the flour mixture into the shortening mixture; stir to thoroughly blend. Put in the remaining flour mixture, and mix together until a soft dough forms..
- Pinch off small amount of dough and roll into 1 inch diameter balls between your hands..
- Add 1/3 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix. roll your balls in it, and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet..
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, let them cool for 10 minutes..