Gulai Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Curry.
You can cook Gulai Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Curry using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gulai Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Curry
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 750 ml of water.
- It’s 200 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass, bruised and knotted.
- It’s 5 of kaffir limes leaves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need of Spice Paste :.
- It’s 2 of big red chilies.
- You need 5 of shallots.
- You need 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 5 of candlenuts.
- It’s 1 cm of ginger.
- You need 2 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Gulai Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Curry step by step
- Grind all the spice paste ingredients..
- Heat oil in a soup pot and fry the spice paste. Add lemongrass, kaffir limes leaves and bay leaves until fragrant, around 3-5 minutes..
- Add chicken. Cook until chicken are no longer pink..
- Pour water into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and tender..
- Pour the coconut milk and cook for another 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with steamed rice..