Jamaican Skirt Steak.
Ingredients of Jamaican Skirt Steak
- It’s 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper.
- You need of Vida's Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub (see separate recipe).
- You need 2 lbs of skirt steak.
Jamaican Skirt Steak step by step
- Mix worcestershire, mustard, oil, salt and pepper mixture and rub into the Skirt Steak. Marinade for no less than 20 minutes in refrigerator..
- Remove steak from refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Remove steak from marinade. Wipe away most of the marinade and rub the meat with the jerk spice..
- Sear the steak in a med-high hot skillet (cast iron works well) for no more than 4 minutes on each side. Inside temperature should be 125-130 degrees for medium rare. (You don't want to over cook this cut of steak. It will get tough.).
- Remove steak from pan and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain..
- Can be served with Spicy Pineapple Sauce (see separate recipe) for a Caribbean vibe!.