Brad's mojito pork roast.
Ingredients of Brad's mojito pork roast
- Prepare 4 lb of pork butt roast or shoulder roast..
- It’s 1 packages of McCormick © mojito lime seasoning. divided.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s of green tomato salsa.
- It’s 10 of lg green or under ripe tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of lg red onion. or sweet onion.
- You need 1 of green bell or pablano pepper. seeded cored and quartered.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of safflower oil. divided.
- Prepare 1/2 of bunch cilantro, rinsed and chopped.
- You need of green salsa seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of chili powder.
Brad's mojito pork roast instructions
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Oil a 9×13 baking dish. Add all salsa ingredients except cilantro. Drizzle with 2 tbs oil. Sprinkle with 1/3 mojito lime seasoning. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour. Until pepper skin chars and tomatoes get soft..
- When done roasting let cool. Blend all in a blender with cilantro..
- Season salsa with all seasonings.
- Reduce heat in oven to 275°F. Rub 2/3 mojito seasoning package on roast. Place in a roasting crock. Add water. Cover and roast 3-4 hours until tender and falling apart..
- Plate pork. Generously cover with salsa. Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, and rice and beans..