Classic French: Vanilla-Lemon Madeleines.
Ingredients of Classic French: Vanilla-Lemon Madeleines
- Prepare 3 of Eggs: Big.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Castor Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Butter: Melted & RT.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- It’s 3/4 Cup+ 1/8 Cup of Cake Flour or All-purpose flour: Homemade- (Cake Flour is highly recommended to prepare these, if possible since they’re neither the cookie types nor the cake ones).
- It’s 12-16 pieces of chambered Madeleines Tray/Cake Pan (They’re available online these days- They come in different shapes & slots/sizes- Mine are directly store bought/purchased, during my stay overseas).
- You need as required of Garnish: Chocolate Ganache- Optional- Garnish it your way, as you like it- For this one, I’ve not done anything & left it simply, as is.
Classic French: Vanilla-Lemon Madeleines step by step
- At the outset: In a mixing bowl- Break open the eggs, add in the sugar to it & whisk it well, Add to it the Vanilla Essence now- Well whisk again…Set Aside.
- In another bowl: Sift in well- At least 3-4 times: the Cake Flour, Salt & Baking Powder…Mix in the wet eggs mixture to it & whisk it well together again, until nicely combined- Add in the melted butter to it at this point & gently whisk it all over again.
- Please remember not to over-mix or overdo anything at any point in time in the Baking Process (Be Any & that’s the KEY to the entire thing, that we’re looking forward to as its outcome).
- Grease the Madeleines Moulds with the melted butter well…this is another catch to prepare these kind of bakeries for sure…to attain the perfect outcomes.
- Refer to the pics given down below quite meticulously… Preheat the oven at about 170C for 15 mins time & this need be done in the interim while we’re engrossed doing the rest of the process for the same 👍🏻.
- One ☝️ VVI tip for preparing such bakery is that: Once we’re done with our Madeleines Batter (Refer to the pics given, carefully)- Pour it into the Piping Bags & let it refrigerate for at least a couple of hours time (Overnight is the Best) before start baking them.
- I always do make a point of refrigerating it overnight to get the best results always- Now, referring to the pics given- The following day or after 2-3 hrs of chilling it, pour it into the Madeleines chambers/cavities- Tap it a few times before putting it into the oven to release any trapped air inside it & also in order to flatten out on its own.
- Remember, to fill in the cavities just about 3/4 portion & leave out the remaining for the Madeleines to puff up, bulge & inflate properly while it’s in its baking process- It need be baked something in between 10-18 mins time @170C, in a preheated oven (Time Frame differs with the different ovens temp. settings) or until it’s edges starts browning.
- That’s the indication alongside its bulges to put off the oven & allow it to sit inside for another 2-3 mins time & then, take them out & directly transfer the Madeleines on the cooling rack- As you can already see the bulges or hunches now, on its one side (That’s the benchmark for any well baked Madeleines- It never should remain flat at its other side) Enjoy this decadent mouth melting magic- which’s now ready to be devoured in no time.
How to Prepare Perfect Classic French: Vanilla-Lemon Madeleines