Stuffed Green Peppers.
Ingredients of Stuffed Green Peppers
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown and wild rice – cook.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes drained (with onions, peppers & garlic).
- It’s 4-6 of Green Bell peppers (or any color) -cut in half lengthways.
- It’s of #1 pound lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 can of black beans (or red kidney).
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need to taste of Garlic powder.
- You need pieces of Fresh basil cut into small.
- It’s of Fresh onion chopped (small).
- Prepare to taste of Salt & coarse ground pepper -.
- You need of Cheese – grated cheddar & Monterrey jack.
Stuffed Green Peppers step by step
- Wash, cut & clean peppers. Put in microwave dish with 1/4 cup water – cover with plastic wrap & steam for 5 minutes. Peppers should be soft..
- Brown ground meat with onion & seasonings. Add beans, tomatoes & cooked rice. Heat through..
- In a casserole dish, put a layer of the ground meat filling on the bottom. Then place pepper halves on top and stuff with the rest of ground meat filling. Top with grated cheese – to taste..
- Bake peppers for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, uncovered. Serve!.
How to Make Perfect Stuffed Green Peppers