Mexican Piggy Cookies.
You can cook Mexican Piggy Cookies using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Piggy Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of softened butter (shortening is more traditional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of black strap molasses.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of almond milk.
- You need 6 cups of AP flour.
- You need 1 of egg for egg wash.
Mexican Piggy Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together sugar, butter, soda, salt, cinnamon, vanilla.
- Add molasses, egg and milk. Mix..
- Gradually add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Flour table, cutter and rolling pin.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut as many cookies as you can..
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roll out and cut cookies until all dough is used.
- In small bowl, whisk egg. Using small brush, paint top of each cookie.
- Bake 15-17 mins, let set up on pan for several minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, store in air tight container..