Chicken Parm for two.
Ingredients of Chicken Parm for two
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten with a generous splash of water.
- Prepare of 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of grated parm cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil (cover the bottom of the skillet to about a 1/4 inch).
- Prepare 8 slices of mozzarella cheese (not fresh).
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
Chicken Parm for two step by step
- Pound the chicken thighs to a 1/4 inch or less thickness and season with salt and pepper on both sides..
- Dredge the chicken in four lightly coating both sides and shake off excess..
- Dip the floured chicken in the egg mixture and then coat with panko. Set aside.Pre heat oven to 375 degrees on an upper rack..
- Using a non-stick skillet heat the oil over Med heat until it shimmers. Add the chicken thighs and lightly brown on both sides…about 3 or so minutes per side. Remove and place on a small cookie sheet and then dust generously with grated parm and then place four slices of mozzarella cheese on each thigh. Heat your marinara sauce under low heat..
- Place browned chicken thighs covered with parm and mozzarella cheese in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until bubbling hot and then place under the broiler to lightly brown the cheese..
- Remove from the oven, plate each chicken thigh and scoop the warmed marinara sauce on top of each one and add fresh sprigs of basil..
Recipe: Yummy Chicken Parm for two