Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze. A flavorful turkey meatloaf made with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, fresh herbs, and complemented by a tangy balsamic glaze makes a light alternative to the classic Adjust salt and pepper if desired. Thoroughly mix turkey mixture with hands and form into a meatloaf; place loaf on a baking sheet. #meatloaf #familyrecipes #comfortfoodEasy classic homemade meatloaf recipe with tangy ketchup glaze. This is my family's favorite meatloaf recipe.
The recipe developed here is a throwback to my childhood when my mom would make beef meatloaf with ketchup based tangy glaze baked on top. Topped with a tangy and sweet glaze, your family will love this delicious meatloaf recipe. Meatloaf is a very ugly, unphotogenic food. You can have Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, minced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini, cored and finely chopped.
- You need 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of pinky-sized nub ginger, peeled and freshly grated.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Maggi seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 5 slices of plain white bread.
- It’s 3/4 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of lean ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
Was it served with nasty lima beans or veg-all from a can (ugh, that makes me nauseous just thinking about it). I'm here to change your mind about meatloaf. Glaze: While meatloaf is cooking place ingredients for glaze in a sauce pan and cook on stove top until the brown sugar is dissolved. Mix well and pat into small loaf pan.
Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze instructions
- Put a good splash of olive oil into a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and let cook for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the veg to the pan along with the ginger, Maggi, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Let cook until the veg starts to caramelize (about 5 minutes). Take the pan off the heat and let cool to room temperature. While waiting, preheat your oven to 375 F..
- In a bowl, add the milk to 3 slices of bread. Use your hands to work them, tearing the slices apart as you go. You should end up with barely moist bits of bread..
- Add the bread to a large mixing bowl along with the cooled veg, both meats, egg and soy sauce. Add a couple of grinds of black pepper, then knead everything together. Be careful not to overmix, or you'll end up with tough meat. You just want to combine the ingredients..
- Lay the remaining 2 slices of bread at the bottom of a 6 x 8 loaf pan (they'll serve as sponges to soak up excess oil). Pour the meat mixture into the pan and gently spread it out until it's even. Push the meat into the pan slightly but fight the urge to really pack it down..
- Add the ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to a small pot on medium-low heat. Warm through while whisking until the sugar just melts. Use half of the sauce to glaze the top of the meat, then put the loaf in the oven. Let bake for 30 minutes..
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the loaf. Turn the heat up to 400 F and let bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the loaf reaches 155 F. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving. Don't forget to remove the 2 pieces of bread from the bottom..
Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze medium onion, minced • garlic, minced • carrot, peeled and finely chopped • zucchini, cored and finely chopped • celery sticks, finely chopped • pinky-sized nub ginger, peeled and freshly grated • Maggi seasoning • lean ground beef The flavors are great and really keep. This triple-meat meatloaf recipe is made with beef, pork, and veal, flavored with buttermilk or tomato juice and topped with a tangy ketchup glaze. We call this a "triple" meatloaf because it's made with beef, pork, and veal. You'll get the best results using a pound of ground beef (ground chuck is ideal). Looking for some splendid meatloaf glaze recipes?