Mango and shrimp salad.
You can cook Mango and shrimp salad using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango and shrimp salad
- You need of "Dressing":.
- It’s of fish sauce.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Prepare of honey.
- Prepare of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- You need of seeded and minced hot chilies (Thai or Serrano).
- Prepare of "Mango salad":.
- Prepare of medium to large raw shrimp.
- It’s of large firm mangoes about 225 g each, peeled, pitted and cut into medium dice.
- You need of bean sprouts.
- Prepare of avocado halved and cut into one third of an inch slices.
- You need of minced shallots (fairly large ones).
- You need of stemmed cilantro, plus more for garnish.
- You need of About half a cup small mint leaves – if the lea is a large tear them in half, plus more a garnish.
- Prepare of of the dressing, divided, or to taste.
- It’s of chopped peanuts (unsorted) for garnish.
- You need of Lime wedges.
Mango and shrimp salad step by step
- Peel and the de-vein the shrimp under cold running water. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Reduce the heat to a lot slow simmer and add the shrimp. Cook shrimp until just cooked they should be pink and firm and opaque throughout, this will take 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Drain the shrimp, place them into a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain the shrimp again and set aside in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl combine the mangoes, sprouts, and mint and set aside..
- Mix about 1/2 cup of the dressing, or to taste, with the reserve mango mixture. Mound the mango mixture on for chilled plates toss the shrimp with remaining dressing to coat. Divide the shrimp evenly on top of each salad and sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of peanuts on top of each plate. Garnish with sprigs of mint and cilantro. Add lime wedges to each plate..
- Chill before serving..