Chicken, Vegetables, and Cacio e Pepe.
Ingredients of Chicken, Vegetables, and Cacio e Pepe
- It’s of Chicken.
- It’s 2-1/4 pound of chicken thighs bone in skin on.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock divided.
- You need 2 tablespoons of capers.
- You need 1 tablespoon of caper brine.
- You need 1/2 pound of baby carrots.
- It’s 3 of medium Yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of chopped celery and leaves.
- Prepare 8 of pearl onions peeled and halved.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt for chicken.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need of Cacio e pepe.
- It’s 1/2 pound of spaghetti pasta.
- Prepare As needed of water to boil spaghetti 3 quarts.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of salt.
- You need 3 tablespoons of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of Parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheese more to garnish.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for pasta water.
Chicken, Vegetables, and Cacio e Pepe instructions
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Get an oven safe skillet hot with the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper both sides. Sear the chicken skin side first for 3 minutes. Turn and sear the chicken 3 minutes. Add the butter..
- After the sear peel and cube the potatoes. Chop the celery. Add to chicken. Add carrot, capers, slice the garlic and add along with the onion. Add half the chicken stock..
- Add the kosher salt and paprika. Put into hot oven for 35-45 minutes. After 20 minutes add rest of the chicken stock. Put back in the oven to finish. Let rest 10 minutes and serve!.
- Boil the pasta. After its done, add 1/4 cup pasta water in a skillet with the cheese pepper mixture..
- Add the pasta coating the spaghetti pasta..
- Serve with a little cheese on top. I hope you enjoy!!!.