Chili Mac and cheese.
Ingredients of Chili Mac and cheese
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef (85% lean).
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni.
- You need 14.5 oz of can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Prepare 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of water.
Chili Mac and cheese instructions
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir often until all the beef is browned. Should take about 5 minutes. Press cancel and drain fat..
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the browned meat. Then add macaroni on top (don’t stir). Add 3 1/2 cups water and make sure all macaroni is submerged. Add cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes right on top in the center. Do not stir!.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing and pressure cook (“manual” on some Instant Pots) on high for 4 minutes. When timer is complete, quick release the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir contents well. Everything will begin to thicken. Add 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese and stir it in so it melts into the sauce..
- Serve with additional shredded cheese on top and enjoy!.
- Notes- you don’t need a instant pot to make this. For stove top cook noodles separate, and add it to the meat sauce, you won’t need the water, can use 2 cans of tomato sauce instead..
- I end up using the whole box of pasta, and I used 15 oz of tomato sauce, it did take more water to cover my pasta.
Recipe: Yummy Chili Mac and cheese