Ingredients of Chicken Piccata
- Prepare 4 medium of skinless, boneless chicken breast.
- You need 1 of cayenne pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 of All purpose flour, for dredging.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of capers, drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cold butter, cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
Chicken Piccata instructions
- Place chicken breasts between 2-layers of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2 inch thick..
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with cayenne, salt and pepper, drudge lightly in flour and shake off any excess..
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Place chicken in the pan, reduce heat to medium and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-minutes per side. Remove to plate..
- Cook capers in reserved oil, smashing them lightly to release brine, until warmed through, about 30-seconds..
- Pour white wine into skillet. Scrape browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until reduced by half, about 2-minutes..
- Stir in lemon juice, water, and butter into the reduced wine sauce mixture. Reduce heat to low and stir in parsley..
- Return chicken breasts to the pan and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with sauce spooned on top..
Recipe: Delicious Chicken Piccata