Leek potato soup.
Ingredients of Leek potato soup
- You need of leeks, cleaned dark sections removed. Approx. 4-5.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Heavy pinch of salt.
- You need of ounces, approx 3 small Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced.
- It’s of vegetable broth.
- You need of heavy cream.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- It’s of white pepper.
- You need of snipped chives.
Leek potato soup step by step
- Chop leeks into small pieces..
- In a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the leeks and salt, sweat for 5 min. Decrease heat to medium low and cook until tender. Approx 25 min, stirring occasionally..
- Add the potatoes and vegetable broth, increase to medium high heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and gently simmer until potatoes are soft, approx. 45 min..
- Turn off the heat and puree with a immersion blender until smooth..
- Stir in heavy cream, buttermilk and white pepper..
- Serve hot or cold..
How to Make Perfect Leek potato soup