Paint drip neon tie dye birthday cake😆. Tie-dye hand painted with editable fluorescent colours. While it was her Splatter Paint Neon Cake that caught our eye, it is the story of how she came to love cake decorating that makes successful cake business owner, Sarah Gillespie, our June Member of the. How to Tie Dye Fondant and The Mat Demonstration.
Ingredients of Paint drip neon tie dye birthday cake😆
- It’s 2 of boxes of tye dye cake mix.
- It’s 1 of homemade buttercream frosting or can of wilton buttercream frosting.
- Prepare 1 of Box of premade black fondant.
- You need 1 of Box of neon gel food coloring.
- It’s 1 of bag pink candy melts.
- Prepare 1 of bag yellow candy melts.
- Prepare 1 of bag blue candy melts.
- It’s 1 of can white frosting.
- Prepare 3 of little bags of sixlet colored chocolate candy balls-Blue, Purple & Green.
- You need 3 of empty clear condiment squirt bottles.
- Prepare 6 of disposal cups.
- Prepare 2 of 10inch cake pan.
- Prepare 2 of 8 inch cake pan.
Mix fabric paint and water or mix chemical water and dye. If you want to use ingredients from your own kitchen, food coloring also works.
Paint drip neon tie dye birthday cake😆 step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350. Mix both cake boxes as directed. Then grab your 12 disposable cups. Measure 1 1/2 cups of batter in each of the 6 cups. Now grab your neon food coloring gel & add them to each cup to make individual different colors you want your layers to be..
- Once you have you 6 cups of of cake batter colored to your liking. Then grease your pans & begin adding your cake mix to the pans. Pour a 1/4 cup of the 1st color you choose directly in the middle of your 10inch cake pan. Add another 1/4 cup of another color directly in the middle on top of the other cake that was poured..
- The cake will spread in the cake pan by it self. Do not shake of manipulate it. Keep pouring 1/4 of each color just one time for each color. Grab your 8 inch pan & do the same thing. It should look like this!.
- Place both pans in oven side by side. Cook for about 25 mins or untill you stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake & it comes out dry not wet on the toothpick. Take out & let cool completely for about 15 mins. Then pour the rest of the batter in your other 10 inch & 8 inch pans like you did before. One layer at a time. Place that 2nd batch in the oven like you did the 1st batch. Let cool completely. While cake is cooking. Spit the fondant in half. Knead the fondant & roll out enough to cover the two layers for your cake..
- While cakes are cooling either you can make your buttercream frosting or use a container of wiltons already made buttercream frosting. Once your 4 cakes are cooled completely. Place a medium size circle of the buttercream frosting on top of the 10 inch cake. Then place the 2nd 10inch cake on top of the other one. Place a nice layer of buttercream frosting on top of the both cakes. Smooth out. Next grab the two 8 inch cakes and repeat the same thing to it..
- Take your rolled out black fondant and place 1 of them on top of the stack of the 10 inch cakes. Smooth out the best you can.Then do the same with the other rolled black fondant to the 8 inch cakes. Now your two layered cake is almost done. Squirt a nice glob of white can frosting on top of the 10 inch cake. Then place your 8 inch fondant covered cake on top of the 10 inch fondant covered cake..
- Grab your candy melts place them in your condiment containers. Add 1/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil in each container to help thin the melts out. Place each in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Once the melts are melted down. Drizzle them on the two layered of the cake in a zigzag zag & swirl pattern. One color at a time..
- Take the white frosting can and squirt along the seams of the two layers of the cake. Add the sixlet candy balls to that frosting seams all the way around the two layers. EAT AND ENJOY!!!.