Easy Cheese Danish. Beat the egg yolk, cream cheese, sugar, lemon. Place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and cream them together on low speed until smooth. With the mixer still on low, add the egg yolks,.
Ingredients of Easy Cheese Danish
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 box of puff pastry (thawed).
- It’s 3 tbsp of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of egg wash.
Spread on top of the triangles in the pan. For the top layer, use the last can of crescents. Be sure edges are pinched together. The cream cheese Danish is known for it's characteristic sweet and slightly tart cheesecake-like filling.
Easy Cheese Danish instructions
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Mix sugar, cream cheese, and ricotta cheese together.
- Add vanilla and egg yolks.
- divide puff pastry sheets into 4 equal sections.
- spoon mixture in the middle of two of the sections and cover with the other two sections.
- use egg wash to seal in sides and brush on top.
- bake for 20 minutes.
In fact, the filling is what makes this treat so good. It's easy to make and contains just three ingredients: cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. You can use low fat cream cheese and stevia (sugar substitute). Also, the amount of filling the original recipe calls for makes a VERY heavily filled danish. Place over filling; brush with egg white.