Almond Cheese Tart with Plums.
Ingredients of Almond Cheese Tart with Plums
- Prepare of ≪Crispy pastry≫.
- It’s 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 90 grams of Plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 40 ml of Cold water.
- Prepare 1 of Plain flour for dusting.
- You need of ≪Cheese and almond cream≫.
- Prepare 40 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 30 grams of Cream cheese.
- You need 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 80 grams of Ground almond.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s of ≪Topping≫.
- Prepare 4 of to 5 Plum.
Almond Cheese Tart with Plums step by step
- ≪Pastry≫ Dice the butter into 1 cm cubes and chill in the fridge. Chill other ingredients in the fridge..
- Put the butter, plain flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and chop finely, using the back of a fork or a scraper..
- After the butter is chopped into small pieces, work it together with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine panko..
- Add the cold water and mix together to make a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least one hour. (At this point you can freeze the dough. Defrost in the fridge before using.).
- Coat the tart tin thinly with butter (not listed in the ingredients) and dust with flour (not listed in the ingredients). Chill the tin in the fridge..
- Roll out the dough thinly on a floured work surface. Use it to line the tart tin and prick the pastry base with a fork..
- Line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil and fill with baking beans. Bake blind in an oven preheated to 180°C for 25 minutes..
- Remove the parchment paper (or aluminum foil) and beans and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes in the 180°C oven until the pastry surface is dry. After baking, place the pastry and tin on a rack to cool..
- ≪Cheese cream≫ *Leave all the ingredients at room temperature. Put the butter and cream cheese in a bowl and mix until smooth..
- Add the granulated sugar and whisk with a hand whisk until fluffy. Stir in the egg..
- Add the ground almond and lemon juice and stir well..
- ≪Topping≫ Rinse the plums and cut into 6 to 8 wedges with the skins on. Remove the pits..
- Spoon the cream onto the pastry base and smooth over the surface. Arrange the plums and bake in an oven preheated to 170°C for about 40 minutes..
- *If the tart doesn't yet have a nice golden brown colour, raise the oven temperature to 180°C for the last 10 minutes. Conversely, if the tart is too browned cover with aluminium foil during baking..
- After baking, place the tart on a cooling rack to cool and remove the tart from the tart tin. It's done..
- It's nice if you serve warm but it tastes nicer after chilled. Dust with powdered sugar if you like..
Recipe: Tasty Almond Cheese Tart with Plums