Brown stew chicken Jamaican style.
Ingredients of Brown stew chicken Jamaican style
- You need 3 lb of Chicken Parts.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of All purpose seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of regular white distilled Vinegar.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 stalk of fresh thyme.
- You need 1 of Scotch Bonnet pepper/ can use cayenne pepper.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 stalk of scallion chopped.
- It’s 1 of Onion chopped.
- It’s 1 large of Ripe Tomato chopped.
- It’s 2 of Pimento seed / all spice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
Brown stew chicken Jamaican style step by step
- Rinse chicken in in finger then fresh water and pat dry the excessive water.
- Add all the dry season and spice to chicken. You can marinate or cook right away.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pot medium heat.
- Add chicken piece into the pot and fry until golden brown on both side, removing each cook chicken in a container and set aside, add remaining chicken to brown.
- After finish browning the chicken, pure the excess oil from the pot, leaving just about a teaspoon.
- Add water to the pot and deglaze, add the chicken, scallions, onion, garlic, hot peppers and tomatoes to the pot and simmer to a gravy consistency..
Recipe: Appetizing Brown stew chicken Jamaican style