A Lit Up Decorative Cookie House For Christmas.
Ingredients of A Lit Up Decorative Cookie House For Christmas
- You need 1 of double the amount of the recipe Cut-out cookie dough.
- Prepare 15 of Store-bought hard candies.
- You need 50 grams of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of Store-bought candies (use ones with colorful wrappers).
- Prepare 1 of Birthday cake candle.
A Lit Up Decorative Cookie House For Christmas step by step
- Prepare your favorite cut-out cookie dough. You can make the dough in advance, and freeze it either in dough form or after cutting out the shapes..
- Cut the cookie dough out and bake it. Here I started by deciding on the size of the base dough (you could use a plate or box as the base instead)..
- For reference, my base was about 12 x 24 cm. The base of the house was 9.5 cm, and the height of the house was 12.5 cm and 9.5 cm. I added windows and doors..
- The tree is formed by putting two pieces together in the middle, but one piece was 6 cm wide at the base and 19.5 cm high. I also cut out some ornament shapes..
- The dough puffs up a bit when it's baked, so make your cut-out patterns a bit smaller than you want the final shapes to be. If part of the cookie bakes up bumpy, you can just scrape it smooth with a knife..
- Put a small mound of crushed candies (about 5 mm pieces) in each of the windows when baking the cookie house walls..
- Make the icing. Add drops of water to the powdered sugar and mix. The icing should be just thick enough that it doesn't drip easily, and be glossy..
- Use the icing as glue and snow to put the house and tree together! I stuck on some candies too. There's a tiny tiny star on top of the tree..
- Put a small candle in the central triangle of the tree, and fix it in place with a cut-out cookie ornament..
- From another angle:.
- Scatter on whatever candies you have as additional decoration..
- Maybe the candies look like stained glass too?.
- Make more cut out cookies with any leftover dough. Use these not just for decoration, but as snacks for the kids..
- Here is how the cookie house looks during the day..