Indonesian Fermented Cassava Cheese Cake (Bolu Tape Keju).
Ingredients of Indonesian Fermented Cassava Cheese Cake (Bolu Tape Keju)
- Prepare 350 gr of fermented cassava (tape singkong).
- Prepare 65 ml of thick coconut milk (i used “Kara” brand).
- It’s 150 gr of white sugar.
- You need 5 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of emulsifier.
- You need 180 gr of cake flour (sift the flour).
- It’s 125 gr of butter, melted.
- It’s of Buttercream.
- It’s of Shredded cheddar cheese (i used kraft).
Indonesian Fermented Cassava Cheese Cake (Bolu Tape Keju) step by step
- Mash fermented cassava (tape) and take the hard root “axis” at the center..
- Mix well with coconut milk.
- Melt the butter on top of double boiler over medium low heat. Off the fire and remove from the heat when half of butter has melted and stir until all butter melt completely. Set aside.
- Using mixer, beat the eggs and sugar with high speed for 1 minute. Add emulsifier, beat with high speed until the batter become thick, white in colour (about 10 minutes).
- Add in the fermented cassava mixture, beat with low speed. Add in flour bit by bit, mix gently with spatula (do not overmix).
- Lastly, fold in melted butter, stir gently with spatula until no more melted butter can be seen (make sure the melted butter is mixed properly with the batter otherwise the cake won’t rise properly).
- Bake at 180 degree celcius, 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean..
- Cool the cake completely, layer it with buttercream, generously add shredded cheese all over the cake.