Apple Rose Tarts.
Ingredients of Apple Rose Tarts
- Prepare of **Apples**.
- It’s 3 large of red apples.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 cup of light apple juice.
- Prepare of **Custard**.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 packages of of 16 mini tart shells.
- Prepare 1 of turbanado sugar.
Apple Rose Tarts step by step
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside..
- Cut apples in half and core. Slice apples as thinly as possible for easier rolling later..
- In a medium saucepan combine apple slices, apple juice and sugar. Cook apples for about 10 minutes until soft and pliable, not mushy..
- Drain the apples and allow to cool..
- Preheat oven to 350 °..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all custard ingredients and set aside..
- Once apples have cooled, take 3 or 4 apple slices and layer them on top of each other overlapping each one slightly. Gently roll the apples up and this will form your rose. Sit the apple rose into the tart shell tucking in the end of the last apple in the roll..
- Carefully take spoon and fill tarts with custard pouring on top through the rose..
- Sprinkle tops with turbanado or regular sugar..
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!.
- Recipe adapted from Time to Cook..