Split pea & lentil bone broth soup.
Ingredients of Split pea & lentil bone broth soup
- You need 1 of large beef bone.
- Prepare 3 slices of ginger.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- It’s 1 lb of dry split peas.
- It’s 1/2-1 lb of red lentil (use full bag if you like thicker soup).
- It’s 2 of red potatoes, cubed.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots, cubed.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, cubed.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
Split pea & lentil bone broth soup step by step
- Put the beef bone with ginger slices in 8 cups of water in the slower cooker, cook overnight for at least 8-12 hours, on LOW.
- Allow the soup to cool down enough for you to take the bone out of the broth, scrap of any meat on or inside the bone. Put the meat back into the broth. Discard the bone or gave it to your dog as a treat!.
- Put split pea in the broth, cook.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the soup and cook another 3 hr on LOW (or 2 hr on HIGH), until the veggies are tender..