CARAMEL APPLE CAKE.
Ingredients of CARAMEL APPLE CAKE
- Prepare 1 cup of light Brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of veg. oil.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 of granny smith or golden delicious apples, cored and chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sliced almonds.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of caramel glaze.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
CARAMEL APPLE CAKE step by step
- preheat oven to 325° F.
- butter and flour 9X13 inch pan.
- To prepare cake: beat both sugars and oil together in mixing bowl until well blended..
- add eggs one at a time. beating well after each addition.
- sift together flour, baking soda , cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- gradually add to egg mixture, mixing just until blended.
- stir in apples, almonds and vanilla; pour into pan..
- bake for 50 to 75 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. let cool in pan while preparing the yummy glaze..
- to make glaze, melt butter in saucepan over low heat. stir in both sugars and salt; cook over med-low heat for 2 mins. add cream and boil for 2 Mins. stirring constantly.
- poke holes in cake with skewer or toothpick. pour glaze over cake. best served warm! Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
- ENJOY :-).
Recipe: Delicious CARAMEL APPLE CAKE