Curried Fish (Jamaican style).
Ingredients of Curried Fish (Jamaican style)
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 packages of coconut. milk.
- You need 2 of strings of escallion.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of black peppercorns.
- You need 3 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 1 of coconut oil (any oil you have).
- You need 1 of banga mary fish (any fish you have).
- You need 1 of fish sauce (any you have).
- It’s 1 of curry powder.
- You need 1 of hot pepper sauce.
- It’s 1 of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 of fish seasoning.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- You need 1 of meat seasoning.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of plain flour.
Curried Fish (Jamaican style) instructions
- Chop onion into rings. Crush garlic..
- Wash and pound escallion.
- Dice and wash fish. Glaze with lime juice, black pepper, fish seasoning, hot pepper sauce and fish sauce. Set aside..
- Mix coconut milk in lukewarm water in a small cup. Set aside.
- In a deep frying pan, sauté onions, garlic and escallion on very low flame.
- Add 3 teaspoon each of fish seasoning, meat seasoning and curry powder to the pan. Add a pinch of black peppercorns. Mix well and keep flame low..
- After six minutes, add coconut milk to the pan. Add thyme and two spoons of hot pepper sauce. Mix well and let simmer for fifteen minutes..
- Add diced fish with glaze to the pan. Add 1/2 cup water. Mix well.
- Add salt (to taste).
- Add 2 teaspoon flour to thicken (optional).
- Let simmer until cooked. Serve with white rice or cooked yellow yam..
How to Make Delicious Curried Fish (Jamaican style)