Fava Beans, Avocado and Tomatoes in Basil Sauce.
Ingredients of Fava Beans, Avocado and Tomatoes in Basil Sauce
- Prepare 5 of pods Fava beans.
- Prepare 1/2 of Avocado.
- Prepare 6 of Cherry tomatoes, medium sweet tomatoes, or other tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Basil pesto.
- Prepare 1 of ☆ Tabasco or mayonnaise (optional).
- You need of Basil Pesto.
- You need 30 grams of Basil.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of or more ★ Salt.
- It’s 60 ml of ★ Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 30 grams of ★ Pine nuts, cashew nuts and walnuts.
- You need 20 grams of ★ Parmigiano Reggiano.
Fava Beans, Avocado and Tomatoes in Basil Sauce step by step
- ■ Make the basil pesto. Put the basil and garlic in a food processor and process until combined. Add the ★ ingredients and process until it becomes a smooth sauce..
- Cook the fava beans by boiling in a plenty of salted water, or by microwaving them. ＊ I'll explain how to microwave them in Steps 3-5..
- Using your hands, make a small opening in middle of the seam of each of the fava beans. ＊Be sure to do this, or the beans inside will explode in the microwave..
- Line up the fava beans in a circle on the edge of the microwave turntable. (See photo.).
- Microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds at 600 W. ＊ Adjust the cooking time according to your microwave and the size of the beans..
- Cut the avocado and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and put them in a bowl with the cooked fava beans..
- You can peel the thin skins on the fava beans, or leave them on, according to your preference. ＊ This time I just peeled the bigger, harder beans..
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to the bowl in Step 6 and lightly mix. Add 2-3 teaspoons of the ■ basil pesto made in Step 1, and it's done..
- ◆ Add a bit of tabasco or mayonnaise, if you like. Yellow cherry tomatoes make it even more colorful. ◆.
- ◆ I recommend using good quality salt for the ■ basil pesto. Put the leftovers in a ziplock freezer bag and store in the freezer ◆.
How to Cook Tasty Fava Beans, Avocado and Tomatoes in Basil Sauce