You can cook Ginger cookies using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger cookies
- It’s 3/4 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk (I used unsweetened almond).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 T of ground ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 T of fresh grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 T of sanding sugar.
Ginger cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter, sugar and molasses.
- Add milk and blend thoroughly.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, soda and spices.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture slowly, mixing as you go.
- Be sure to scrape down the bowl as you add more flour.
- Add fresh ginger and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough with a teaspoon.
- Roll each scoop into a ball with your hands.
- Coat each ball with sanding sugar before placing on baking sheet.
- Flatten each cookie a little. They will not spread.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.