Cheesy chicken mac and cheese with veggies.
Ingredients of Cheesy chicken mac and cheese with veggies
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 8 ounces of dried elbow macaroni.
- It’s 2 of carrots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces).
- It’s 4 ounces of cream cheese, cut into cubes.
- You need 3/4 cup of half-and-half.
- Prepare 2 cups of coarsely torn fresh spinach (optional).
Cheesy chicken mac and cheese with veggies step by step
- Cook the chicken on the stove, sprinkle with 1/4 salt and pepper.
- In a different pot, boil water for the elbow macaroni. After water comes to a complete boil. Put the noodles in the pot and let them boil for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Mix in the thinly sliced carrots, chopped onion, minced garlic, butter and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the elbow macaroni. Pour the 3 cups of water over all in the pot. Cook on high for 2 minutes. DO NOT DRAIN THE LIQUID..
- Add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and half-and-half to macaroni mixure in the pot. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and mixture is well combined..
- Chop up the chicken. Stir into the hot macaroni and cheese. If desired, stir in spinach just before serving..
Recipe: Perfect Cheesy chicken mac and cheese with veggies