Ladybirds Olive Oil Savory Tarts.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Olive Oil Savory Tarts
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chilled water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 100 grams of feta cheese – cubed.
- You need 1 dozen of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of handfull fresh baby spinach.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of cracked black pepper.
Ladybirds Olive Oil Savory Tarts step by step
- In a jug or pouring bowl , whisk together well the third cup Olive oil , lightly beaten egg , quarter cup water and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice , to combine well ..
- Sift the flour into a separate large bowl and then make a well in the centre of the flour , then add the prepared oil mixture , season with salt and cracked black pepper and mix well to combine all ( i find it best using a long flat bladed knife , my butter knife ) ; then knead gently to form a soft dough , shape dough into a disc shape , cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes ..
- Preheat your oven to 200°C , then grease cup cake tray / muffin tin holes with Olive oil and set aside till needed ..
- Take the prepared dough from the fridge and place on a lightly floured surface and roll out quarter of the dough between two sheets of baking paper until about 3mm thick , then using a round cookie cutter , cut out as many round discs as it allows you , repeat with remaining dough . Place cut out rounds into prepared greased cup cake / muffin tray , and push down making sure you get it all the way to the bottom but still reaching the top of tin holes ..
- Prick the dough bases with a fork and fill them with ceramic weights to blind bake them , then place the prepared muffin trays into the Preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes then after the 10 minutes remove the pastry weights and bake for a further 10/15 minutes or until golden . Then remove from the heat and let cool before trying to remove them from the muffin tins , then remove from tins and place on wire rack to cool completely . It may be easier to use a butter knife to help lift them out ..
- In a small bowl , place the tablespoon of Olive oil and the tablespoon of lemon juice and season with salt and cracked black pepper and mix well to combine all together ..
- Chop the cheery tomatoes in half , tear the baby spinach up a little and dice the feta cheese . Then place some of the diced feta cheese into the base of the cooked , cooled , party shells , then add some of the cherry tomato halves and some baby spinach pieces followed by a little more feta cheese , drizzle some of the seasoned oil mix over top . Repeat with all remaining tart shells ..
- Once all are prepared , place on a serving platter and serve at room temp , enjoy . 🙂 ..
Recipe: Delicious Ladybirds Olive Oil Savory Tarts