Soft Molasses Cookies.
You can cook Soft Molasses Cookies using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft Molasses Cookies
- Prepare of Big mixing bowl.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Softened butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vegetable shortening(not margarine).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Molasses.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs(lightly beaten).
- Prepare of medium mixing bowl.
- Prepare 4 cup of All-purpose flower.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of Ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground cloves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 of as needed Additional sugar.
Soft Molasses Cookies step by step
- Set oven to preheat at 350°.
- In the large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, and sugar until lightly colored and fluffy.
- beat in molasses and eggs; set aside..
- in medium bowl combine flour(sifting nit needed), salt, baking soda, ginger, clothes, and cinnamon. Blend thoroughly with wire whisk.
- Gradually mix flour mixture into creamed ingredients until dough is blended and smooth..
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls dip top in sugar; place 2 1/2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets..
- bake for 11 minutes.