Ingredients of Neer Dosa
- It’s of Idli rice.
- You need of Sona Masoori Raw rice.
- It’s of grated coconut.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of as per taste Salt.
Neer Dosa step by step
- Take both the rice in a bowl and wash well 2-3 times. Soak for 6-8 hours or overnight with enough water..
- Drain the rice completely and transfer to a mixer jar. Add grated coconut and grind to a fine paste adding little water as required (Measure water while adding to grind. In total I have used 3 cups). Add remaining water and salt. Check the picture for consistency, it should be similar to thin buttermilk. Mix and let it rest for half an hour. (Rest until you prepare side dish for Neer Dosa).
- Heat a tawa. Spread oil before making each dosa. Stir the batter well and take a ladle full of batter and pour on tawa from the edge of the pan to the center. Tilt/rotate the pan to even out the batter. Fill in the gaps with more batter. Cover and cook for 2 minutes on medium to high flame..
- When Neer dosa leaves the sides of tawa, fold it into a triangle and remove it onto a plate. No need to flip the dosa. Prepare other dosas too. Stir the batter well before pouring each dosa..
- Serve hot or warm Neer Dosa with chutney or gravy. I served along with Mangalore Chicken Ghee Roast which I will be sharing the recipe soon..
- (see recipe).