Chris’s chocolate birthday cake. If you've got a bowl, a cheap hand mixer, and a couple of measuring cups, you can make this rich, chocolatey cake. Join Chris Morocco in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen as he makes easy chocolate cake. If you've got a bowl, a cheap hand mixer, and a couple of measuring cups, you can Got a lot of birthdays on the horizon?
Ingredients of Chris’s chocolate birthday cake
- You need 225 g of caster sugar.
- You need 225 g of softened butter.
- It’s 100 g of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 50 ml of semi-skimmed milk.
- Prepare of For the icing.
- You need 250 g of dark chocolate.
- It’s 250 g of softened butter.
- It’s 175 g of icing sugar.
- It’s 3 of tubes of Smarties.
- You need 2 tablespoons of jam.
This chocolate birthday cake is simple to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for decorating for a special celebration. One question I've been asked a lot in the past is whether I can recommend a really good chocolate birthday cake recipe, and I couldn't… until now. After boxed cakes, ice-cream cakes, a cake in a Darth Vader mold (that year, the party's theme was "May the Fours Be With You), this cake. The online cake delivery in is the most popular option nowadays.
Chris’s chocolate birthday cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease 2 x 20cm cake tins and line with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl beat the sugar and butter with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, besting after each addition. Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix..
- Add a little milk until the mixture drops easily off a spoon.
- Put half in each tin and bake for 20 minutes until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean then leave to cool for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water..
- In a bowl beat the butter and icing sugar then add the chocolate..
- Spread some of the icing on top of one cake together with some jam.
- Put the other cake on top, add the rest of the icing over the top and sides.
- Add Smarties to decorate. Enjoy!.
The cake delivery is not a hurdle anymore and you can get the delivery in your offices, tuition centers, homes and schools and colleges. It is really a great solution for you to enjoy the benefits of birthday. Cakes are good but Birthday Cakes tastes better! Heaps of chocolate birthday cakes, chocolate cupcakes and chocolate fairy cake recipes, with chocolate icing recipes to boot. A classic sponge cake made into a chocolate sponge cake.