Apple Jalousie tart.
Ingredients of Apple Jalousie tart
- It’s 5 of apples peeled halved cored and cut into 8 wedges.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 3 tbsp of cognac liquor(for aroma).
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter cubes.
- You need 3-4 of Pastery sheet packet.
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
- You need of As required Sugar for sprinkle.
Apple Jalousie tart step by step
- Filling recipe:- *preheat oven at 350°. In a large bowl toss together apple, sugar and vanilla essence, cognac, lemon juice and zest, salt and flour *Transfer it into a rectangular bread tray with butter and bake for 40minutes. Let it be cool.
- Pastry recipe:- *Increase temperatire of oven at 400°. Now roll out 3-4pastry sheets on a parchment paper. Using tip of pairing knife, lightly score pastry into thirds, being careful not to cut all the way through centre *cut 3/4inch wide strips along the two outer thirds reserving centre for the filling. Tranfer the baking sheet to freezer if it becomes soft.
- Now add filling in the centre of patry sheet. Freeze for another 20minutes.
- Combine egg with 1tsp of water and give each strip a egg wash.
- Alternating from one side to the other, fold strips evenly over filling in an overlapping pattern.
- Now transfer it to the parchment paper. Lightly brush top with egg wash and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 20minutes at at 400°.
- Then reduce the temperature at 350° add bake it for another 20minutes.
- Avoid burning and bake till sugar is caramalised.
- Let it be cool and serve.