Weekend Roast Turkey (no fuss).
You can have Weekend Roast Turkey (no fuss) using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Weekend Roast Turkey (no fuss)
- Prepare of 12 lb. defrosted Turkey.
- It’s of Gravy (optional).
Weekend Roast Turkey (no fuss) instructions
- Preheat oven 325°.
- Wash turkey well, pat dry. Cut off wing tips and place in large greased shallow baking pan. Spray whole top of turkey with Cooking Spray. Sprinkle with salt & pepper..
- Place in oven. Let cook without opening oven for 1 hr..
- After 1 hr. open oven and cover bird loosely with foil. No need to baste..
- Continue roasting turkey 3 more hrs. No basting..
- Remove from oven, let stand 45 minutes..
- Remove turkey to large plate..
- Meanwhile make gravy with drippings. Pour drippings into large measure. Let fat rise to top. Squeegee out brown juice into saucepan. Discard fat. Make a slurry with cornstarch and water. Boil juice then add slurry to desired consistency. Boil 2 more mins..
- Now you will have leftover turkey for the week's lunches, or easy dinners..