Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops.
Ingredients of Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops
- You need of bone in 1/2 inch thick pork chop.
- It’s of bourbon.
- You need of Apples diced, I prefer honey crisp.
- Prepare of sage- fresh.
- You need of Apple Cider.
- Prepare of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need of Worchester.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of shallots.
- Prepare of Or 2 sweet onions.
- It’s of acorn squash.
- Prepare of 6 tbsp of brown sugar for squash.
- You need of butter for squash, 1 tbsp each.
Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops instructions
- Take your pork chops and soak in mildly warm salt water for 45 minutes on counter, pat pork dry set aside on plate.
- Prepare sea salt and course black pepper. Grind sprinkle on pork chops while heating your cast iron pan on hot w 2 TBSP of olive oil. Let it smoke mildly, then turn down to 6 or 7. Add 2 tbsp butter.
- Brown pork chops once pan is hot. 2-3 minutes on each side until the seat is brown.. do not burn. Turn heat to 7. Set each chop aside in another enamel o en safe pan. Oven needs to be heated to 275. Scrap bowl bits from cast iron pan into new pan w chops..
- Take apples, add nutmeg and cinnamon to apples, set aside.
- Add all liquid together to make sauce- whisk and put in Apple over pork, then pour liquid over after mixed..
- Add sage around edges of dish in liquid..
- In another pan add 2 tbsp butter, carmelize butter and onions along w rosemary and other Provence style herbs. Add over apples..
- Liquid should cover chops, if it does not add more Apple Cider until liquid covers most of chops. Cook for 3 hours on 275. Using a baster after 2 hours rotate pork and baste..
- On a separate cookie sheet pan, place 1/2 acorn squash, scope out middles, wrap in tin foil, add butter and brown sugar wrap each one up, place on sheet in oven..
- Cook all items for 3 hours on 275..
- Once timer is off, check chops and baste or use a ladle to take out liquid. Use a separate pot to make gravy. Add cornstarch to hot liquid from chops and apples !! Add cornstarch to thicken..
- Serve w squash, pork and apples and onions!! Yummy…
Recipe: Tasty Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops