Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake. Chocolate Birthday Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache Frosting Chocolate Mousse & Oreo Cheesecake. ROLO Condensed Milk Buttercream Chocolate Cake Chocolate Drip Vanilla Pudding Filling. Delicious birthday cake for my son, enjoyed by him and his friends.
Ingredients of Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake
- It’s 6 of large or jumbo eggs (8 regular).
- It’s 1 cup of + 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Prepare of Few drops of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare of Wax paper (optional, but helpful).
- You need 2 of 8×10 pans (can modify).
- It’s 1-2 of milk chocolate frostings.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need of Sprinkles (optional).
This homemade Birthday Cake recipe features a soft, delicate vanilla cake with homemade chocolate frosting. It's just like the one from childhood birthday The idea of a layered cake with chocolate frosting was inspired by Smitten Kitchen. With swirls of chocolate frosting piped on top and a few. · Chocolate Mounds Cake is a rich and decadent dessert for dinner parties and family get togethers. It's the perfect cake for coconut lovers.
Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake instructions
- Please note that the pictures were taken while making half of this cake..
- Preheat oven to 350’F..
- Combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk or beat on high for approximately 1-2 minutes or until fluffy..
- Add in 2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Slowly combine with spoon/spatula..
- Split mix into 2 8×10 pans with wax paper. Yes, it is very thin. Spread it out. :).
- Bake at 350’F for 7-10 minutes. You want the cake to be a little soft and spongy still. Immediately remove it from tray and let it cool for a few minutes..
- While baking, boil or microwave 1-2 cups of water and dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (proportionately 1 cup/1 tablespoon). Microwave or heat ~1/3-2/3 of frosting container in a separate bowl/mug for each layer of cake [amount depends on how much chocolate you want to add, and 1/2 vs full cake]. (See next steps below for more info)..
- Flip first cake over onto a plate/tray. [If making half of this in one pan, you can cut cake in half.].
- Ok- so here’s the unusual part… 🤷🏼♀️ Slowly pour 1/2 cup of hot sugar water on the first layer, soaking the cake completely. Next, pour your ~1/3-2/3 hot melted chocolate frosting on top. The goal is to allow the chocolate to seep into the cake..
- Once completed, repeat this process for each layer of cake placed on top. (I’m hesitant to do more than two total layers because it’s so saturated.) Place in refrigerator to cool..
- Once cool, use the remaining frosting to frost the cake. (You can trim cake first if you’d like.) Add sprinkles or decorations! Enjoy!.
A nostalgic flavor combination perfect for summer BBQ's and birthdays. Raspberry Chocolate Layer Cake made of chocolate cake layered with smooth chocolate ganache & raspberry filling. It's a heavenly chocolate cake recipe! Making a layer cake does take a little effort ― there are multiple layers to be baked, each of which needs proper cooling before stacking it up and frosting it without it toppling over. Boozy Yellow Birthday Cake With Chocolate Frosting And Caramelized White Chocolate Ganache.