Blue berry mojito spritzer – 2 versions. "One great cocktail for the summer is the mojito. For our healthy version we wanted to focus on fruit for natural sweetness rather than refined sugar. In the base of the mojito, we balance the sweetness of pear with refreshing cucumber, then add in the traditional mojito ingredients, mint and lime.
Ingredients of Blue berry mojito spritzer – 2 versions
- Prepare of (Non – alchohol).
- You need 2 cups of (Frozen BC blueberries.
- You need 2 of handfuls) Fresh Mint Leaves.
- It’s 12 of Ice Cubes or use judgement.
- It’s 4 Slices of Lime.
- Prepare 2 Cans of Ginger Ale (substitute alcohol for a bit of a kick).
- You need 2 Cans of Canada soda or carbonated water.
- It’s of The version with kick (alcohol).
- Prepare 8 of blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed), plus more for serving.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 8 of fresh mint leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup (2 ounces) of white rum.
- You need of Ice.
- You need 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of club soda.
- It’s of Lime slice for serving.
- Prepare of To make enough for four people follow these amounts:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of blueberries,.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice,.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 32 of fresh mint leaves.
- You need 1 cup of white rum,.
- Prepare 4 cups of ice,.
- You need 1/2 cup of club soda,.
- Prepare 4 of lime slices for garnish.
Directions Place the blueberries, mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice in a glass. In a small saucepan over medium heat, boil water. Once water is boiling, add sugar and reduce to a simmer, stirring often until all sugar has dissolved. Peel and grate the ginger and add it, together with the sugar and cold water, to a saucepan.
Blue berry mojito spritzer – 2 versions instructions
- (Alcohol version) Add blueberries, lime juice, sugar and eight mint leaves to a cocktail shaker. Use the end of a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler to bash (or muddle) the mint into the lime juice and sugar. This releases oils from the mint, breaks up the blueberries and helps the sugar dissolve into the lime juice..
- Add rum, stir well, and then pour into a glass filled with ice, leaving about an inch of room then top with club soda. Serve with extra blueberries, mint leaves, and a lime slice..
- (Non alcohol version) Add blueberries, lime juice, and mint leaves to a water pitcher. Use the end of a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler to bash (or muddle) the mint into the lime juice and blueberries..
- Add soda and ginger-ale (note I sometimes add more club sofa and less ginger ale as I do not like things too sugary). stir well, and then pour into a glass filled with ice, leaving room and then serve with extra blueberries, mint leaves, and a lime slice..
Bring it to the boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Strain and cool in the refrigerator when done. For the Mojito: Add the blueberries, lime wedges and fresh mint leaves to the glass (or pitcher). Super refreshing Berry Spritzers, made with fresh raspberries and blackberries. These light sparkly drinks are the tastiest way to stay hydrated and add some healthy berries to your day!